When you take the Tequila out of a tequila sunrise you get a Sweet Sunrise (Also referred to as a Virgin Sunrise). An enjoyable mocktail that can be made at anytime of the day! It requires two common ingredients that you might have right in your kitchen. A perfect companion for your Sunday Bruch, Afternoon “pick me up” or Evening Refresher.
- 4 to 6 ounces orange juice
- 1/2 to 1 ounce grenadine (to taste)
- Garnish: orange slice and/or cinnamon sick
So although the Rose’s Grenadine contains: High Fructose Corn Syrup, Water, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Benzoate (Preservative), Red 40, “Natural” and Artificial Flavors, and Blue 1
.. I still use a splash once in a blue moon (A blue moons occurs once every 30 months on average)
HOWEVER WE HAVE A SOLUTION! DIY @ Home Grenadine Recipe: with FAR LESS Artificial Flavor Additives and Preservatives.
Whenever possible, choose fresh instead of canned or bottled ingredients. Many of the bottled mixers will include unwanted additives that take away from the freshness.
- This is a drink that definitely deserves fresh-squeezed orange juice. It’s not hard to do with either an electric juicer or a simple hand juicer. Two average-sized oranges should be more than enough to make one drink. You can also juice up a bunch of oranges and store any excess in the refrigerator to make the next drink that much easier.
- Grenadine is a sweet, delicious syrup flavored with pomegranate, and it’s used for a variety of drinks. It’s also very easy to make grenadine at home. You can use fresh pomegranate during the winter when the fruit is in season or pomegranate juice any time of the year. Grenadine can last for a few weeks in the refrigerator.
- Add flavor to the juice by splitting the orange with an equal part of pineapple juice. Passion fruit and peach juices are excellent additions as well. You can also use a fruit juice blend that includes any of those flavors.
- During strawberry season, put a berry twist on the sunrise by making a fresh strawberry syrup to substitute for the grenadine.
- Give this drink a very peachy flavor with the sparkling peach sunrise. The recipe pairs peach juice or nectar with citrus soda and grenadine.
- Transform this into a sweet sunrise slushy: Blend 1 cup of ice with a handful of strawberry slices and a sliced banana. Add 1/2 ounce or so of grenadine, simple syrup, or honey if you’d like it sweeter. Fill a glass halfway with orange juice, then pour the red, fruity slush on top (it will float for a while).