Prep: 10 mins I Refrigerate: 3- 8 hrs
Make holiday entertaining a little easier by mixing up a flavorful Holiday Punch. This non-alcoholic recipe offers a delicious combination of apple cider and blood orange with a delicate sparkle that’s very refreshing. The seasonal taste is sure to please everyone and you get the pleasure of mixing it up ahead of time.
- 64 ounces apple cider
- 1 cup spiced syrup
- 2 cups frozen cranberries (divided)
- 1 apple (sliced)
- 1 orange (sliced)
- 22 ounces sparkling blood orange juice (chilled)
- 1 (750mL) bottle sparkling grape juice (chilled)
- Garnish: frozen cranberries
- Garnish: cinnamon sticks
Steps to Make It:
1. Gather the ingredients.
2. In a large pitcher, combine the apple cider and spiced syrup. Stir well.
3. Add about half of the frozen cranberries and all of the apple and orange slices to the pitcher. Cover and refrigerate overnight (or at least three or four hours) to allow the flavors to marry. Keep the remaining cranberries frozen.
4. When it’s time to serve, add the sweetened apple cider and all of the fruit to a punch bowl. Finish it off with the sparkling blood orange and grape juices. Stir to combine.
5. Ladle the punch into individual glasses, adding a few frozen cranberries to each to keep the drinks cold. Garnish each glass with a cinnamon stick as well.
Tips: All of the fruits like to float in liquid, especially the cranberries. By adding the apple and orange slices to the cider last, they’ll weigh down the cranberries and ensure their flavor gets into the liquid as well.
The frozen cranberries replace the need for ice and prevent dilution. You can also freeze fresh cranberries before making the punch.